By Iris Hunter
Let me ask you a question.
If you were given the chance to give your resume to an employer that was hiring for a
more challenging and/or higher paying position would the document accurately portray your qualifications?
If you answered “no” to this question, then you should consider scheduling a FREE consultation with a professional resume writer so that he/she can discuss ways to improve your resume, especially since having a professionally written resume is imperative to advancing your career. The resume writer will identity ways to improve the document so that you can have a much better chance of obtaining a desired position.
So, what’s the cost of a professional resume? Well, resumes can vary in prices so you should conduct extensive research in order to find a resume writer who can create a customized resume for you that is within your budget.
A resume is not just a “sheet of paper”. It is a “marketing document” that showcases your skills, knowledge and educational background and you should treat it like one and make sure that it is consistently updated and accurately depicts who you are as an individual.
Waiting until the last minute to update your resume may very well cost you a GREAT job opportunity!
15 Resume Writing Tips
- Use action verbs to describe your duties
- Quantify your accomplishments
- Delete the “Objective” and add your “Career Summary”
- Prioritize your content
- Choose a modern format
- Tailor your resume to each position
- Use bullet points
- Pick a readable font
- Provide a professional email address
- Delete irrelevant information
- Spell out acronyms
- Select a reasonable font size
- Ensure that the page length is consistent with your experience
- Update your contact information
- Proofread your document several times
Iris Hunter, the owner of Hunter Freelance Services, is a professional freelance writer. To learn more about and/or to contact Iris visit www.hunterfreelanceservices.com.