By Elizabeth Colen
When we’re busy and sometimes too busy for ourselves, we must remember the pursuit of happiness. With that being said, we tend to focus on our goals, we put our heads down and hit that daily grind, day after day and we lose sight of our state of happiness. The state of happiness means different things to different people. Are you looking to be happy for the moment or for the rest of your life? Let’s be happy for a lifetime, not just for the moment. Here are some tips that you can do in your daily life to create happiness in your existence.
- Catch the Sunrise/Sunset – It does not matter, if you are at an exotic vacation spot or in the comfort of your own home; the sun will rise and set. Many people say that they feel a sense of peace and joy when watching the sunrise/sunset. If you are an early riser, get outside with a cup of coffee or cocoa and watch the Sunrise. Take in the sense of happiness that you made it another day and you have all day to complete your mission. If you are not an early riser don’t worry about, you can catch the Sunset. Let the feeling of peace and satisfaction of a job well done, fill you. Either the Sunrise or Sunset will put a smile on your face.
- Surround yourself with positive people – We all have a person we know that every time you talk to them they are so full of woes, their car broke down, her boss is mean, her co-workers don’t like her, etc. If you don’t know that person it might be you! You want to speak positivity into your life. You want to be part of the solution not the problem. You want to surround yourself with positive like-minded people. The energy that you share and pick up is important to your state of mind. Stay positive and avoid anyone who is stealing your joy.
- Sweat – Find some way to get your sweat on. Find something that will make you forget about your problems, even if it is for just 30 minutes. Play tag with your kids, jump rope, swim or whatever makes you happy. You can do something as simple as turn on your radio and dance! I promise you, that alone with make you laugh.
- Smile – Yes, smiling will make you happy. A smile is contagious so wear it, share it and spread it all over.
- Stop and smell the roses – I know you have heard that before but it is very true, take time to enjoy nature. Take a timeout and walk around the block. I know our days are so cramped with all the things we have to do, that we feel guilty if we take a moment for ourselves. Believe me, you will have a clearer mind so that you can focus on that to-do list.
Take time daily to do something that makes you happy and share that happiness with others. We are all in pursuit of happiness so let’s help each other along the way.
Get more info about Elizabeth Colen, Confidence and Conditioning Coach on www.MsFitOne.com. Fit Mind, Body and Soul