By Michiel Perry
Summer is all about entertaining in the South. We love food, fellowship and bubbly in the South. Here’s the best thing, we get to indulge all summer long. As you plan your summer soirees, here are some quick tips to impress your guests as you entertain family and friends.
- Set a Table: Just because your party is outdoors doesn’t mean you can’t set a table. This is a great opportunity to add some fun and color to your party. You can keep the decor casual, but a set table adds an element of ambience to any summer soiree.
- Develop a Signature Cocktail: If you are looking for a new way to make your party standout, a signature cocktail is exactly what you need. Design your cocktail by selecting a favorite summer fruit and layering flavors from there.
- Make it Sweet: A great appetizer for a hot summer day is something sweet. Not to mention, desserts can add a lot of color and decor to your party. And you don’t have to place them on a typical dessert tray, try a marble chopping board or a metal serving tray to add a little pop to your sweet arrangement.
- Lots of Seating: The South can get hot. That mixture of heat, a little bubbly and southern food can make guests a little sluggish. To ensure your guests are refreshed throughout the evening, make sure you have enough seating. Consider using some chairs from your home.
- Add Some Florals: Nothing is better than a beautiful summer floral arrangement. You can make one yourself or hire a florist. I promise your guests will be in awe of this detail and effort. You can keep them in your home for another week or so after the party is over. Did I mention they are also calorie free?
For more information visit: BlackSouthernBelle.com.